What are Open Banking examples?
21 Apr 2022
The adoption of Open Banking opens up a massive number of possibilities for the banking and payment industry. Here are some typical examples of Open Banking:
- Personal finance is possible to manage virtually every detail of our bank account online, being through a computer or even on our smartphone instead of visiting bank branches.
- Consumer lending becomes simplified and accessible to everyone on their online banking platforms. Consumers have more chances to get loans accepted due to the new approval practice which is based on instant customer financial data rather than the old approach which mainly focuses on credit history.
- Open Banking allows business lending providers to take advantage of automated bank statement collection and to easily understand the financial health of a business. Business lending is the most traditional of all the lending divisions. Until recently, the majority of assessments and talks for large company loans were conducted in the most traditional manner possible, with numerous face-to-face sessions.
- “Buy now, pay later”, also known as BNPL, has become the new trend of the pandemic times. Providers can enhance their approval rates and give better assessments to their consumers by integrating Open Banking on BNPL. Providers ensure that every evaluation takes into account the customer's current financial state and habits without the need to connect with traditional credit bureaus or the ability to quickly analyze current financial data.
- Mortgage lending and Real Estate adapt with the integration of more technology through the last few years when the pandemic hit. Both markets can considerably increase their level of service, efficiency, and dependability by adopting Open Banking.
- Payment tech companies also benefit from Open Banking when the e-commerce market is growing at a flash pace.
- Because of Open Banking, telecom companies may provide better packages to their customers. Telecoms may now make a more exact assessment of their clients' present financial status because they don't have to rely solely on data provided by credit bureaus. Customers will no longer have to worry about establishing credit in order to purchase new consumer devices.
- Debt collectors have embraced Open Banking, which has supplied them with new tools that have allowed them to respond to the present situation's needs. Debt collection organizations now have more accurate and up-to-date information about their customers' financial situations, which aids in understanding income stability, current loan payments, and other critical information.
- Customers can get customized insurance packages from insurance firms.
- The adoption of Open Banking is critical in assisting iGaming companies in preventing fraud by providing direct access to account data and analyzing transaction history. Furthermore, some of the features afforded by this new approach allowed for quick and safe account top-ups and payouts
- Smooth and secure communications between wallets and bank accounts are required for cryptocurrency. Open Banking could be the answer, providing for a frictionless consumer experience when dealing with money and faster identification verification.
- Open Banking helps investment platforms improve the customer experience for their investor clients and allow users to buy, sell and hold a great variety of assets as well as manage cash flow and funds transfer seamlessly.